A workout is a terrible thing to waste.
There are lots of gym options out there. Most operate on the principle that the more machines, the more stuff, the more bells and whistles they offer, the greater the gym. There’s no doubt certain attractive amenities abound at your average 10,000 square foot facility. It’s almost universally accepted, though, that such places are a real mixed-bag. Heated lap pools. Banks of TVs covering every wall. Saunas. Indifferent staff. Parking hassles. General inaccessibility. Long-term contracts. Confusing terms. Variable rates. Over-crowding. Needless to say, none of these gyms offer is a more meaningful way to work out.
The Green Microgym offers its members a green gym with a friendly, community feel. We are right in your neighborhood so you can bike or walk here. The most unique thing about our gym is that the actual energy of the members helps power the building. It makes pretty good sense. You don’t need a ton of energy-sucking machines to get a good workout. We are machines. You power your workout. The energy bar one member just ate powers the ceiling fan for the next three hours. Another member’s morning scramble is doing its part to keep the lights on. Every revolution on the elliptical is churning pure electricity back to the grid. Calories are converted into precious watts. You power your gym. Friends and neighbors, sweating it out together, all in the name of feeling good, about themselves, about their community, about their gym and about the world.
The Green Microgym: Big results. Small footprint.
- Month to membership with no long term commitment or cancellation fees
- Equipped with retrofitted ellipticals and spin bikes that convert your energy to electricity and “plug out” into the building!
- the world’s first and only (as far as we know) gym with the goal of generating as much electricity as we consume!
- a 3000 square foot neighborhood exercise facility located in the heart of the Belmont district with cardio, weights, personal training and a friendly atmosphere
- open 5am to 11pm, 365 days a year
- punch code access
- community oriented, very clean, modern, and enjoyable